Thursday, August 27, 2026

Gender Fuck Thursday: Rosie Suits

We don’t get a lot of wins these days. But I think the universal love poured onto Rosie O’Donnell after last week’s guest hosting gig on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” is a nice reminder that good things can still happen to pretty good people. I think most of us here watched Rosie in her “Queen of Nice” talk show host days to her “View” outspokenness to, well, now when she’s kind of a refugee (albeit an incredibly privileged one, obviously). I went back and watched all four days of her hosting, and each monologue was killer. She hasn’t lost a single step, and in fact she’s even more charming and engaging and, well, Rosie. Also, the suit game has considerably improved. I don’t know if her acclaimed, and beloved, reemergence will result in another shot at her own show. But I do know she deserves all the flowers she has received for her continuing speaking truth – and poking fun – at power.

p.s. Plus, sorry Donny, her suit game just is nasty good. Ahem.

No comments: