Wednesday, October 09, 2019

Going to Bat

Wait, has the CW been reading my dream journals? Because Rachel Maddow is going to have a role in the network’s new lesbian superhero series “Batwoman.” This is like that meme where you smoosh Ruby Rose and Rachel Maddow together and yell, “NOW KISS!”

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the MSNBC host will playVesper Fairchild, from the Batman comics. Her role is described as such:

“Fairchild is a television and radio personality who had a romantic relationship with Bruce Wayne (Batman). The Batwoman catch is that Maddow's Fairchild will never appear onscreen — at least there are no current plans for her to do so. Still, Maddow is expected to "appear" in multiple episodes.”

Fine, that significant reduces the possibility of them kissing. But still! It’s very cool and it turns out Rachel is definitely a Batwoman fan. In 2010 she wrote an introduction for the deluxe hardcover edition of writer Greg Ruck’s Batwoman graphic novel “Elegy.”

For her part, Rachel commented on the news via Twitter saying:

“I know no one's going to believe this is true, but it's true. I'm "Vesper Fairchild" in the new Batwoman TV show that starts this Sunday night on The CW. (My character is soooo not me; turns out playing her is one of the most fun things I've ever done).”

The series debuted on Sunday and is off to a strong, and very gay, start. And if you listened closely you no doubt heard Rachel as Vesper, the uncredited voice of the city. And *spoiler alert* I totally called that twist with Alice. Plus, I do not trust The Crows because militia in body armor with big guns are never the answer.

So that’s Ruby Rose, Rachel Skarsten and Rachel Maddow all in one series? Now that’s what I call a truly R-Rated Lesbian Lust Squad - because of the Rs in their name and, you know, other reasons.

2 comments:

Carmen SanDiego said...

No way! That’s on my dream journal too! I missed this show on Sunday so I have to catch up, thanks for the reminder

Alison said...

The casting for this show is Andras level amazing.