Monday, October 07, 2019

I Tikked A Tok, And I Liked It

So, if you’re down with the youths, you’ve heard of TikTok. The viral social media app filled with short videos of mostly young people dancing, singing, meme-ing, cosplaying, pranking and the like is perhaps the most simultaneously random, weird and strangely wholesome content on the internet right now. (Don’t worry, we’ll find a way to ruin it in no time.) It’s also wildly addictive. And in one of my, “Oh, I’ll just check this out for a minute or two - wait, where did two hours go?”-sessions, I came across Loora8888. She has been dubbed one of the most fashionable women on TikTok. And by “mot fashionable,” I really mean, “Most likely to set queer women’s undergarments on fire.” Like, the hair, the tallness, the penetrating stares, the self-assured EVERYTHING.

She posts stylish videos of herself, and another woman, being, well, extremely stylish which are often punctuated with her steadily holding the camera’s gaze for just long enough to make every lesbian faint dead away.



Dead. Totally dead.



Also, have I mentioned she’s really good at handling an umbrella?



The woman in question is Loora Wang, a Chinese fashion designer who owns a label called Loora PWD. And, sorry ladies, the shorter woman is decidedly not her girlfriend - it’s her sister. But, that’s alright. Because Loora is still primo swoon material, and I actually enjoy her sister’s goofball energy.



So, like I was saying, I think I like TikTok. And maybe you will, too. Good luck getting yourself out of that TikTok wormhole this week, kittens.

p.s. I created my own very humble TikTok, which I am determined to turn into a wholesome pet account. You can find it here.

6 comments:

Carmen SanDiego said...

Oh, DS, I love you but I don’t know if I can handle another social network. I’ll try though

sparkle_me said...

She's... wow. Even threw in a lesbian salute.

Karen said...

Never heard of Tick Tock but I am not a Facebook or Twitter user either. I feel grateful to be born before the smart phone craze took over. Feel people think they are "connected" but in reality they are less connected than ever.

Jackie @ Shelter said...

I adore your blog but am unsure if you were aware of the anti-lgbtq stance of tiktok:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/sep/26/tiktoks-local-moderation-guidelines-ban-pro-lgbt-content

:(

Anonymous said...

I'm in LUST!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, my pants are on fire now. NSFW.