Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Tank Top Tuesday: Our Favorite Florist

Would you like to see Lena Headey in a tank top and pork pie hat and leather suspenders? Stupid question, here you go. The occasion for Lena’s arrival in said tanky porky leathery goodness is her signing on to a new TV series, which could turn into another epic series. She will star as the matriarch in the new 1850s Oregon frontier show “The Abandons.” Sounds like super serious Oregon Trail to me, but what do I know. I’m not a showrunner who was unceremoniously fired from his own series for being, in his own words, an “abrasive dick” on set. But then I’m also not Kurt Sutter, who made “Sons of Anarchy” and “Mayans MC” so I guess is allowed an extravagant third chance despite the being a dick stuff. Now, full disclosure, I’ve never watched any of Sutter’s work because I’m not a dude biker and don’t care. But his stuff has been critically lauded, so I guess that makes it all good. I don’t know if this is another Cersei role for Lena — the mad matriarch who would do anything for her children. I hope it’s a good working environment for her and she continues to thrive. Because, as we all know, she’s not a wanker. Or No. 9. I wonder how her new character feels about flowers.

3 comments:

lisa said...

You do know how to make a girl's Tuesday morning a little wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Pure joy to see my favourite florist on a Tuesday morning.

Anonymous said...

Aaaah. That show runner is a Fucking wanker so sending LH all the luck - plus ppl may watch his shows but they’re straight trash hope a Lena stan puts her scenes on YT.