Thursday, April 20, 2023

Get Into My Car

Kittens, should I be watching the new Perry Mason show? Like I had heard the HBO Max (sorry, totally just MAX) series had a lesbian couple in its second season. But, um, I somehow was not expecting the 1930s lavish luxury of it all. The soft, sensual saxophonic score. The gorgeous Auburn convertible (yes, I researched it). The epic golden hour light. I half expect Katharine Hepburn to saunter in in a sensible pair of pants carrying a tray filled with Tom Collins cocktails. But I’ll take this beautifully lit kiss instead. So, yeah, I should maybe start watching this show, no?

p.s. Seriously this is now the sexiest lesbian car committed to screen. Definitely sexier than Carol’s Packard.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Miss Parker!

Anonymous said...

I've loved this car since I first saw it on Remington Steele (1969 Auburn Speedster in white). ;)

Anonymous said...

The car ride kind of reminded me of Spencer and Ashley's escape to the desert back in the day on "South of Nowhere". And you are definitely right about that car. It is magnificent!

Anonymous said...

YES

Anonymous said...

and trumpet - Terence Blanchard is a genius

Carmen San Diego said...

The house, the car,the women… I wanna move to this scene

fridax said...

Absolutely, please watch the new iteration of Perry Mason. Della Street is just... tasty :D