Monday, April 24, 2023

Music Monday: Happy Blogiversary To Me

Well, well, well. Seventeen years. Almost old enough to vote. But still too young for a cocktail. America, you weirdo about ages. Anyway, it’s my Blogiversary today. Seventeen years ago I decided, gosh, a blog might be fun to write. I can do that. And here we are. I want to thank everyone, as always, for coming back and reading day after day after week after month after year after years. I always want to thank everyone for your stunningly generous support through My Little Life Implosion and its subsequent Fund.

I won’t lie, things are still tough sometimes. More times than I’d like, obviously. And I am still working my way through my inbox and various thank yous because sometimes a seemingly simple task feels altogether impossible. I’ve always had the “impossible task” I’ve dreaded and procrastinated about throughout my life. During high school it was the AP summer school classes I took to get ahead (basically, it meant I felt guilty all summer long for not studying for the end-of-summer test). Like I was saying, I’m working on it.

Right, so, all that was probably too much information about my life. But I just wanted to again thank you for coming back and reading my takes on pop culture and politics and the universe et al. And, if by chance you feel like tipping your host again this blogiversary, well, I will always be thankful for your generosity in all of its forms. I might not get around to saying thank you explicitly like I should. But know, please, how deeply thankful I am for all of the community, support and warm wishes.

How to Donate:

Venmo: @Dorothy-Snarker
Paypal: idgie2@hotmail.com

p.s. Did I deliver on my month-long Music Monday 90s theme with some bookend Alanis or what? And Naked Alanis at that. Happy Monday, kittens.

2 comments:

Carmen San Diego said...

Happy blogiversary DS! I am always thankful for this little corner of the Internet, it is my favorite and my first stop in about 95% of my mornings. Thank you for the consistency and the good taste. I hope you decide to stay here for a very long time

fridax said...

Belated happy blogiversary, DS. So glad you're blogging on after all these years. Wish you many more to come. Sent a little donation your way ;)