Wednesday, August 07, 2024

Good Canadians, Bad Fish

Well, this is disturbing. I had no idea that Tegan and Sara were victims of catfishing. Or that it would ripple out to hurt their fans. How horrible and fascinating. I mean, more horrible than fascinating. But you’d better believe I will be watching their new Hulu documentary “Fanatical: The Catfishing of Tegan and Sara” this fall.

I hadn’t heard that Tegan’s identity was stolen in 2011. I thought it was maybe because I just wasn’t paying enough attention to everyone’s favorite queer twins. But, no, they confirmed it was “the biggest story we never shared.” So, don’t feel bad if you’re surprised like me. I am just sad it happened to them at all. I mean, they’re even Canadians. You do this to the nicest, most polite people on Earth?

Also, while we’re talking about our indie icons – don’t forget that if you have an Amazon Prime subscription you can watch their excellent series “High School,” based on their memoir by the same name, for free on Freevee. I mean, you gotta watch something while you wait for Oct. 18, right?

No comments: