Monday, August 26, 2024

Music Monday: Loves Lucy

Let’s throw it back, wayyyy back, to 2006. Here is Lucy Lawless singing “Total Eclipse of the Heart” with Bonnie Tyler on the reality competition “Celebrity Duets.” It was kinda like “The Masked Singer” but without masks and also with duets with other celebrities. I have 100% memory holed this show, but Wikipedia tells me Wayne Brady hosted and other contestants include Alfonso Ribeiro, Hal Sparks, one of the original Queer Eye guys, and Lea Thompson among others. Lucy, it should be noted, was runner up to Hal. Again, I have absolutely negative recollection of this show. But it came out the same year I started this blog. So, um, maybe I was busy? Anyone remember watching this show? I mean, Lucy’s hair alone seems memorable. Happy Monday, kittens. *Xena Battle Cry*

3 comments:

AK said...

Wow singing Xena in a blonde wig! Lucy's "My life is Murder" series is fun too. Thx dorothy

Carmen San Diego said...

That woman is so talented. One of my favorite celebrities

Shasta said...

Ahhhh, this makes me so happy! Lucy just gives me joy. 🥰🥰🥰