Friday, August 16, 2024

My Weekend Crush

In the interest of equal opportunity and cross-genre posting, let’s give some love to country star Maren Morris. I don’t know a ton about Maren, other than having noticed she tends to hang out with some really cool folks, because I’m simply not that into contemporary country. So somehow I missed when Maren came out as bisexual this June (snaps for Pride proclamations!) And now her new song “Push Me Over” makes things more, explicit. Well, not that explicit (though, briefly I misheard the lyric “Sitting on the fence…” as sitting on something else that starts with “f” and ending with a “ce,” ahem). Still, wow. Could you imagine being a queer or questioning kid and have the choice of queer mainstream artists to listen to from Maren to Billie to Chappell to Brandi to boygenius and beyond. Things can get better, and with a beat that you can dance to. Happy weekend, all.

1 comment:

Carmen San Diego said...

Sitting on the face aahhehehehe