Thursday, March 26, 2015

Evan Rachel Did

So, normally I don’t go in too much for blatant advertising campaigns. Naturally, there are exceptions and most involve either a) cute animals, or b) cute gays. (There’s also a subset I reserve for “empowering messages,” but those can sometimes be obviously self-serving corporate marketing.) Anywayyy, find the thread, Snarker. Right, so this campaign fits in pretty well because it has both a cute gay in the form of bisexual actress and all-around swell gal Evan Rachel Wood and vaguely cute/vaguely nightmare-inducing animal mascot costumes. But mostly this is just funny. And that it’s from queer-owned fashion brand Wildfang which is pretty much your gold standard when it comes to lesbian hipsterism. For reference please see Kate Moennig, Ellen Page, Megan Rapinoe, et al. So, it is basically a big gay win-win. Also, I don’t understand why I don’t own a Tomboy T-shirt already.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ms. Snarker: have you looked at the prices of those shirts? $28 and up up

Lianah said...

I like the way she carry herself.. so cool..
Informative URL for Moses Lake Water Damage Repair

Carmen SanDiego said...

ERW. So. Hot.

Jules said...

I remember when I first discovered the talent that is ERW over a decade ago with Once & Again and then Thirteen and I was smitten then. I also remember when my friend made fun of me for liking somebody that seemed like a mousy, blonde, straight girl. Ha. Ha, I say.