Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Another Good Fall

That sound you heard yesterday morning? Just me squealing with delight at the news that I’ll be able to (professionally) stare at Gillian Anderson’s beautiful face for hours on ends again thanks to “The Fall” being renewed for a third season. Those in the know know that the BBC series is one of the most unapologetically feminist shows on television. Gillian’s DSI Stella Gibson is complex in the ways real women are complex yet also allowed to be smart, sexual and give zero shits about what anyone else thinks in a way real – and fictional – women often aren’t. Naturally, I’m curious where the series will go now that Stella (spoiler alert) quite literally has her man in her damn lap. And, clearly, I’m anxious to see if Dr. Reed Smith finally gets on the damn elevator. But mostly I’m just excited to have such a good show with such a great female character back on my television.

So here’s to more unwavering feminism…


…undeniable sexual chemistry…


…and general Stella Gibson badassery for another season.


p.s. If you haven’t watched, and want to know a little what it’s all about you can cruise over and check out my The Fall Recaps over at AfterEllen for the past season. Both seasons are currently streaming on Netflix so, you know, get on that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the best show ever

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

Season three will center solely on Spector's autopsy, his funeral and the last episode will take place in the crematorium. Filming now.
- That was what one poster said on The Fall's imdb page. I love GA, I do, but this show moves at a glacial pace and doesn't bother much with making any sort of sense. I barely made it through season 2 and unless they make some major changes, can't imagine suffering through season 3.

egghead said...

So glad I watched The Fall and with recaps. Gillian Anderson is my favorite all time actress. I just feel so empowered because of her and what Stella says and does. It does help that she's my type since childhood I suppose. Meaning, my first crush as a small child was a dead ringer for Gillian.