Thursday, March 12, 2015

Reign Over Me


So I don’t watch “Reign.” I’ve never watched “Reign.” I also didn’t watch “The Tudors” either. Basically I’m not huge on those kinds of period dramas, unless there are like dragons or Khaleesi or both. But now I’m torn because Rachel Skarsten has been cast as a series regular, her first post-“Lost Girl” job. And, she’ll be playing Queen Elizabeth I on the (very loosely) historical drama about young Mary, Queen of Scots. Right, that’s a pretty cool role.

Also, the series stars Megan Follows as Catherine de’ Medici, which is another pretty cool role. And my enduring love for Anne with an E makes me inclined to watch anything she does.



Also, current series regular Caitlin Stasey, who plays lady-in-waiting Kenna, has come out proudly as bisexual.



Also, the series appears to have some pretty sexually fluid characters.



So, you know, that’s a lot of alsos. So my only question now is what’s holding me back? Thoughts? Is it worth it, kittens?

p.s. It’s great to see our “Lost Girl” ladies finding post Fae-world work. Rachel with “Reign.” Zoie Palmer with “Dark Matters.” Ksenia Solo with “Orphan Black” and “Turn.” Now we anxiously await to see what Anna Silk does next.

4 comments:

Kaz said...

Reign is just a highschool drama set in Elizabethian times. They even talk like american highschollers. Reign takes a few historical figures and reduce them to teenage sillyness. I found it ridiculous. Maybe it has gotten better, but I doubt it.

Your friend, Rusty said...

I enjoy the show. The Mary & Catherine road trip episode was perfect. The writers give a passing glance to history and I'm ok with that.

Unknown said...

I've only seen season 1, and I'm waiting on season 2 (netflix). I was surprised how much I liked it. Megan Follows plays her part so well in her plotting and scheming that I'd think you'd regret it if you didn't watch it.

Tara K. said...

Megan Fellows is amazing. The costuming is gorgeous. The show is silly and wouldn't history if someone threw a book of it at its head. I watch it on Hulu while vegging Saturday mornings.