Monday, July 06, 2009

You’re standing on my neck

This just might be my favorite screenshot in the history of ever. That’s right, your eyes do not deceive. “Daria” is FINALLY coming to DVD next year. This news makes me happier than a herd of beautiful wild ponies running free across the plains. That I loved Daria with all of my misanthropic soul goes without saying. Smart snarky gals in combat boots? Be. Still. My. Heart. The show was an oasis of cynicism for the misery chick in all of us. She pointed out the absurd, the superficial, the hypocritical in that delicious dead-pan. I watched and rewatched until I could rewatch no more because it had disappeared from the TV landscape altogether. But now, a full seven years after the show left the air, comes news that we can continue having low esteem for everyone else together.


Oh, and Daria and Jane totally hooked up when they got to college. Don’t even pretend that’s not just stone cold fact. You think they picked Iowa or Vermont to tie the knot?

[Image via deviantART.]

15 comments:

Hannah said...

I'm so glad I could cry! I wonder what will happen with the soundtrack though, because I remember that was the biggest problem to be dealt with, they used so many songs that it would be too expensive to bring the series out on dvd as it was. I hope they haven't replaced it with elevator music because the soundtrack was a big part of how cool it was. Not to mention the nineties feel!

It goes without saying I'll buy it anyway, though...

Anonymous said...

Yay!

Anonymous said...

Loved the in the opening credits when Daria was in gym class playing volleyball and she would very belatedly put her hand out after the volleyball went flying past. Made me laugh every time.

Melanie.Trini said...

two words: Buying It

Janey said...

SO buying!

Miz Moffatt said...

OH my goodness -- this news has single-handedly made this Monday absolute magic. For the past few years, I've been hunting down the odd clips on YouTube, but to no avail. And now, it shall be MINE (and OURS in general). Thanks for the post, Ms. Snarker! :D

Renee said...

This is pretty much the best news ever! I just hope these won't be the same edited versions that appeared on Noggin. Oooooh... Either way I can't wait!!!

Josephine said...

I've only seen Daria once or twice, but for years people used to tell me, "You remind me so much of Daria." Guess I better watch it.

The Erin Grant said...

Oh hell yes!

dalila said...

woohoo i love daria!!! i can't wait.

CHU said...

cool!!...yeah!!

CEG said...

How do you always manage to make my week better? Ms. Snarker, you rock my world.

Unknown said...

I was so excited when I heard of this. I have Daria on DVD already (boot copy, bought them from ebay years and years ago when I thought they were the real deal) and now it will finally be real. :D I am hoping that they don't change the music. I really hope they keep it original.

gg said...

daria. epic win.

HappyEeyore said...

As a new reader of your blog, my day has been made twice today. 1st was when I clicked on the link a friend sent me and discovered this blog. 2nd was to read that Daria is coming to DVD. Horray!!