Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Doctor Feelgay

Finally, there is a gay doctor in the “House.” Thirteen is, apparently, bisexual. Wow, I’m suddenly feeling all hot and bothered. I may need immediate medical attention, but only if I can pick the doctor. Ahem. Last night, Foreman called out (puns, puns!) Olivia Wilde’s enigmatic character Thirteen for keeping herself a mystery:
“I’m sure that you have many reasons to keep yourself a mystery – besides the fact that you’re bisexual…[pause as she stares wide-eyed at him]…Denial would’ve worked before the long vacant stare.”

OK, so that came out of nowhere. But did it? Could it be that Foreman’s gaydar is as finely honed as your truly? Not to toot my own horn (toot, toot!) but let me quote myself, in chapter and verse from AfterEllen last week, after looking at a promo picture of Olivia’s Thirteen:

“And is anyone else piqued by the fact that the she is wearing what appear to be old-school suspenders and a ribbed tank top in her official cast photo? Suspenders and a tank top? Are you trying to tell us something, Fox? Is this Thirteen’s secret?”

As I was saying, dude, I totally called it! OK, so I’m not 100 percent sure Thirteen is bisexual. But her reaction to Foreman’s guess and request that it not become “lunchtime gossip” was pretty convincing. As was that later, while under sedation, the patient mumbles to Taub and Kutner:

“She’s bisexual. I could hear them talking from inside the MRI. It was interesting.”

Finally, at the end of the episode, House has Thirteen take the patient for a procedure:

House: You do it both ways, right?
Thirteen: What? [stares incredulously at him]
House: The ultrasound. You do it standing up and lying down…What else would I mean? [wink!]

They’ve left it tantalizingly open. And by tantalizingly I mean, can you imagine the hotness if Thirteen and Cameron started playing naughty doctor together? And while they were -- uh -- taking each other’s temperature, Cuddy walked in and demanded a -- shall we say -- physical? I love this show. And now that it comes complete with the surprise of helping of gay? Doctors, doctors, give me the news. I’ve got a bad case of lovin’ you.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, House. Just when I thought I could not love you more.

Anonymous said...

I've never gotten hooked on the show, but I usually enjoy it when I watch an eppy. However, I think they may have finally gotten me.

Anonymous said...

I knew something was up when they cast Olivia Wilde...remember her kiss with Mischa Barton on the O.C (yes, I watched it - mainly because of Kelly Rowan!)? Regardless, I sensed it from the very beginning that Thirteen was at least bi, possibly even gay. Absolute LOVE how they wrote it into the show, though; it's quite obvious that they want to open up for some woman-on-woman (quite literally) action. As long as they leave Cutthroat Bitch out of it...

Anonymous said...

Did you guys know that Olivia Wilde is actually a Princess by marriage. Her husband is Prince Tao Ruspoli.

PS: She's HOT as hell!

Anonymous said...

another reason to love House, now I understand why I find her so hot.

Anonymous said...

See, now I thought Foreman's comment could be construed as a vague throwaway reference, but I think it was backed up and thereby proven valid by it being brought up both by the patient and again by House. Of course they're not going to do anything with it, or not going to be able to do anything with it besides tease her for a couple episodes and make some more hazy references to it 'cause of the writer's strike but...I think it's firmly out there now.

Anonymous said...

Her family ain't just a bunch of nobodies. Her parents are very well known political journalists.

http://www.amazon.com/Rumsfeld-Rise-Fall-Catastrophic-Legacy/dp/1416535748

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know where this specific photo of Olivia Wilde can be viewed? I am so curious now!

XSaraXPoeX said...

Nice blog!

~Sara<3

Anonymous said...

This MADE my day when I watched this episode. I was already a House fan before season 4 started, and had a huge crush on Thirteen from the start. I also had a sense from the beginning that Thirteen was bi, but figured I was just pinning some false hopes on her because of said crush.

Bisexuality is so absent in shows like this, and I have high hopes for them portraying it in a way that really rings true, as opposed to a sensationalist means of "spicing up" the show (although heck, it's not like I'd complain either way. Remember, in earlier seasons Cameron has alluded to having an interest in women. Hmmm...I wonder if they made her blond so that she and Thirteen wouldn't look too alike when they...mmm...)

Aaaaahh when is another episode coming out?!

Love your blog, by the way - I just stumbled on it tonight, and will be becoming a regular reader!

BartletForAmerica said...

Does anyone else think Jennifer Morrison looks a little like Nicole Kidman in that picture?

Anonymous said...

OOOooooooooo...things just got more interesting! I was so disappointed in The OC after Olivia left...mostly because of how her character Alex was written off...so it is good to see her back and maybe playing a bisexual woman with more depth and texture. If anyone missed this particular House eppie the first time it aired...it will be airing again on the USA Network...Fri, Feb 22...11 PM.

Anonymous said...

Olivia is soo fecking hot!

Anonymous said...

I think she reminds me of Jodie Foster, especially around the eyes and jawline. Very sexy. I like her a lot.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had co-workers like that... damn *sighs* Olivia!

Anonymous said...

Haha, I never really watched "House" but I've seen a total of ... 3 episodes. Haha. Well, the first time I watched it, it was the episode of the game where House picked his employees or w/e and the last were Thirteen, the Cutthroat Bitch, and the two other guys [Sorry! I don't watch it that much!!] and I found myself seriously rooting for Thirteen, and not wanting her to get fired. LOL. It was just something about her that I really liked, and I guess you can call it a crush. ahah. I totally didn't recognize Olivia Wilde in "House" since I hadn't seen her since the O.C. days, [blonde back then] although I am a very big fan, so I guess that was probably the reason why. But to know that Thirteen may be bisexual, that's even better!

So yeah, long story short, I liked Thirteen from the moment I saw her, found out she was portrayed by Olivia Wilde liked her even more, then found out she may be bisexual. HELL YEAH. haha it's like the OC all over again. but better.