Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tina Fey Tuesday

By the end of today, the writers strike should be officially over. So, pending a massive membership revolt during voting, shows will resume production tomorrow. And you know what that means, right? Right? Are you ready for it? Can you feel it? Are you fully prepared for…THE RETURN OF TINA FEY TUESDAY! Really, we could make it Tina Fey Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Leap Year Day, Arbor Day, you name it, because that is how thrilled I am about “30 Rock” coming back. According to TV Guide, the show will shoot anywhere from 5-10 new episodes to air from April-May. Let’s break out the champagne. Look, Tina already has hers. It even says “TINA” on it.

On the (very) off chance that you need reminding of the hilarity that is Tina Fey, I give you Liz Lemon in her own words.

I’m so excited, I feel like partying hard in Frankfurt. Who is with me? You bring the cameras, I’ll bring the sparrows.

p.s. This news makes me almost as happy as when I opened my mail and found this. My. Friends. Are. Awesome.

8 comments:

Slym said...

I'm tempted to break out in my regular cheer but I'm picking up this vibe that I might be stoned or maybe worse, so I won't. I'll just say that I'm excited, I can't wait and Tina Fey Rocks My Socks EVERYTIME!

Anonymous said...

"So many different types of sparrows!"

This clip got me to drink the Lemon Kool-Aid. I've been joyfully working my way through season 1 on Netflix. What can I say--I'm a late bloomer.

I will be first in line when the new episodes air! No more "last to the party" for me. :D

WordNerd said...

By the hammer of Thor!!!

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

Gypsy...what did you think of the Gerhardt birthday episode? Isabella Rosselini stole the show IMO.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, I'm not *quite* there yet (I have 1 or 2 more episodes before I get to Isabella :D). I've been savoring season 1 due to the strike. Now, I can start burning through them. Fuck yeah--Woot!

Anonymous said...

Wow... actually better than Naked Lady Monday.

Amanda said...

Haha. This is my favorite post so far. And I want that shirt... I'm making it.

I just made my roommate watch both seasons of 30 Rock and now we both quote it at least once within one of our conversations. Nothing's funnier than walking around campus like Jack when can't remember how to walk.

....Blerg

Nate said...

Tina Fey is amazing :P Love this.