Friday, April 20, 2007

Campari = Cleavage

I can’t decide if this is pure genius or pure sexism. I suspect it’s a lot of both. A while back, I saw that Salma Hayek had signed on to appear in ads for Campari. A couple of the Hotel Campari-themed images appeared, showing a sultry Salma showing off her, uh, generous assets. Then, the other day I rediscovered the Hotel Campari campaign and saw that they had added a video and more pictures. Well, you guessed it, it’s breasts ahoy. In fact, all but one spot for the bitter apéritif prominently display Salma’s heaving bosoms. Of course, that shot showed off her butt instead. Now, I am all for boobies. Trust me, I’m all “Yeah, boobies!” over here. But, shouldn’t these ads be just a little more, I dunno, subtle? Apparently, not. Who needs such trifles as copy, dialogue and storyline? All we’re supposed to think is Campari = cleavage. Though, I guess when you’ve got breasts as amazing as Salma’s at your disposal, less is more. Or, in her case, more is more.

4 comments:

LG said...

I will try my damndest to make sure these ads don't offend me.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I am torn...I want to say I hate it because of the way it uses Salma Hayek's body.

On the other hand...WOW. I just want to grab a rope, one of those hats with the lights on the end and dive into those suckers...(i'll hang my head in shame now).

Anonymous said...

WOW... i once loved Salma Hayek for her strenght, her inteligence, her work... and her beauty!

And this.... only makes me realize that i never admire her ... ... ... talent!

Anonymous said...

oh.. it's me again...

http://mypointlessopinion.blogspot.com/

LOL... sorry!