Wednesday, November 02, 2022

Second Somewhere

Would you look at that? Three days of posts in a row? It’s like I’ve been doing this forever and miss it (and, of course, the kittens). Anyway, easing myself back into the old blog saddle this week, and it already feels good. So would you like some more good news? I know I sure could.

On the heels of the surprise very welcome news about “Girls5Eva” being renewed for a new season (and switching a bigger platform on Netflix), comes equally surprising very welcome news that HBO Max’s “Somebody Somewhere” is coming back for its second season this winter. I’m thrilled that the unassuming series has been given a sophomore season, especially considering the recent programming apocalypse (and Cancel Your Gays contributions) at the streamer.

This hilarious yet unexpectedly heartfelt show from comic Bridget Everett isn’t showy. Instead it’s the perfect Midwestern show about the oddballs that exist in every community and the joy of being with your found family. Also, while it may not have any current major lesbian characters, the show is plenty queer with matter-of-fact gay and trans representation.

Honestly, I thought the first season was so lovely it could have stood on its own. But I’m thrilled to be able to watch another season of this loveably scruffy bunch of weirdos do ridiculous and lovely things to the background hum of cicadas over the cornfields.

p.s. Goodness, kittens. Thank you so much to all who donated and offered kind words to My Little Life Implosion Fund so far. I cannot thank you enough.

How to Donate:

Venmo: @Dorothy-Snarker
Paypal: idgie2@hotmail.com

2 comments:

Carmen San Diego said...

Hope your fund is doing well and provides you with what you need

Elana said...

Yay! Love this comforting show...