Friday, November 04, 2022

My Weekend Crush

So, would you believe that I haven’t even watched the trailer for the new season of “The L Word: Generation Q” until just now? Granted, it dropped less than a week after my wife told me she was leaving me and taking the dog, so I was perhaps focusing on other things. But, still, priorities. The important stuff now has my full attention.

So, when we last saw our Super Sapphics, they were all headed in various directions in their relationships (and to, like, jail). The trailer doesn’t give us that much more information other than the couples we saw together at the end of last season are doing things together in the new season, too. Tina and Bette are still standing on the edge of that cliffhanger. Shane and Tess are possibly not in Las Vegas. Dani and Gigi are enjoying bars-free conjugal visits. Micha and Maribel are talking little bundles of joy. Finley and Sophie are…ugh, them I know. And poor Carrie is probably no longer engaged, but I heard she goes on to run a swell bar in Rockford, Illinois.

Also, following in the grand tradition of “The L Word” star cameos like Gloria Steinem, Snoop Dogg, Ariana Huffington and more comes Fletcher delivering what I am sure the show hopes will be the line of the season, “It’s the kind of sapphic chaos I live for.”

I have to say I very much appreciate the return of Primal Scream Bette. I’ve never related to her more in these moments, for some strange reason. Like, can someone cut a video of just Primal Scream Bette screams over the seasons so I can play them on a loop for, you know, reasons.

Still, as much as I love me some (Alpha or Primal Scream) Bette, I could have never imagined before the start of the show’s third season that the character in the trailer I’d aspire to relate to the most was…Angelica? What, I’m about to be extremely single. This could be my ho phase.

I know, five days in a row. Am I back? Getting there. Happy weekend, all.

p.s. Continued thanks for the support of My Little Life Implosion Fund. I’m beyond touched and grateful.

How to Donate:

Venmo: @Dorothy-Snarker
Paypal: idgie2@hotmail.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I see your minions will soon be coming to your financial rescue

Carmen San Diego said...

I hope for more Gigi and less pharmaceuticals this season

Panty Buns said...

I have not yet watched any of The L Word: Generation Q (other than in trailers and teasers)
but this trailer and your analysis and review are making me wish I had Showtime.
Season 3 looks awesome.
I am hoping there will be lots of happily ever afters (and that happily ever after(s) will find you as well...) xx