Wednesday, November 09, 2022

C/Kate the Greats

Well, would you look at that — going on a full week of daily postings. My personal heartbreak notwithstanding, I certainly have missed writing here every day. So it feels good getting back into the swing of things. And, guess what, I’m about to have a lot more free time. So who knows, maybe I can write even more, better things for you. A recently dumped gay gal can dream.

Speaking of dreams, I saw in a recent interview with “Tár” director Todd Field that he hopes to work on a project starring…wait for it…Cate Blanchett and Kate Winslet.

*pauses for unrelenting lesbian squealing*

Yep, that’s right, according to his interview with Variety, Field said he wants to work with Cate and Kate and has an idea to bring the C/Kates together, saying:

“I always think of the two ‘C/Kates’ a little bit about how we thought about DeNiro and Pacino before they were in that scene in Michael Mann’s ‘Heat.’ It was there as we were all waiting to have a scene with the two of them together. I think the ‘C/Kates’ at some point, they need to work together.”
Um, yes please. And thank you. Thank you very much.

I have no idea whether this idea will get out of the idea phase (get the idea?) But I certainly will expend a not small part of my gay energy hoping it will. And as we wait for the blessed C/Kate coupling to occur (I mean, obviously, they have to be queer in this project right? They have to be. We will accept no substitute), please enjoy these images of the C/Kates already canoodling.

Angling to make Brie part of a thruple even!
p.s. Yes, I have seen “Tár” and plan to have a full review soon. It’s sure…something. Sure is.

How to Donate To My Little Life Implosion Fund:

Venmo: @Dorothy-Snarker
Paypal: idgie2@hotmail.com

3 comments:

Carmen San Diego said...

C/Kant wait for the C/Kate C/Konjunction

Anonymous said...

Thank you for blessing us with C/Kate post

Shasta said...

This collab absolutely needs to happen!!!