Friday, October 28, 2022

My Weekend Thanks

Goodness, kittens, you do know how to make a recently dumped gal feel less alone, less lonely. Thanks for all your kindness and care, it honestly means so much. Today is three weeks from Implosion Day, and while I still don’t feel like I’m standing on stable ground at least the shock has mostly worn off. I am not yet OK, but I think maybe someday I will be. Hopefully.

Heck, I even feel like sharing a little good news (because, well, you can’t sulk all the time, can you?)

If you’ve been around here you know I’ve raved about the zany chaos of “Girls5Eva,” the Peacock comedy starring Sara Bareilles, Renée Elise Goldsberry, Paula Pell and Busy Philipps about the 90s girl group attempting a comeback? Well, holy shit, it’s coming back for a third season AND moving from Peacock (which literally no one watches, let alone knows if they have) to Netflix (which everyone watches and chills with always). So, there. At least one good thing is happening in this world.

A megalomaniac billionaire may be taking over Twitter. MAGA nutbags may be running for office everywhere. Democracy is in peril. The fucking planet is in peril. But, hey, at least this fun little show with a stellar all-female lead cast which includes a middle-aged lesbian main character (thanks, Paula - as a middle-aged lesbian I highly approve) is coming back and will get better exposure. I’ll take the wins where I can get them these days.

Truly, it’s hard to overstate how great this move is for this show. The first two seasons are going to transfer over next year, and it’s been greenlit for a third on Netflix. So, please, if you haven’t watched already, give it a watch and get ready for some ridiculous joy. I sure know I could use some right about now. Happy weekend, all.

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

I'm so sorry for what you've been going through and so glad you are feeling a little better. What a hard time. You bring such joy to your readers here. I hope the universe sends some joy back to you!

Panty Buns said...

Thank you for sharing this uplifting news and video Sneak Peek at the coming new season of Girls5eva on Peacock!
This good news is very welcome...
Warm wishes hopes for your continued healing and finding of comfort. Hugs... <3 xx

Anonymous said...

So glad you're feeling better and sharing gay news with us again :)

Carmen San Diego said...

Middle aged lesbian high five
This is one of the best shows I’ve watched because of the recommendations here, along with Parks and Rec, 30 Rock and Good Place
Love to you DS

Anonymous said...

My family loves this show, and we started watching it on your recommendation. And we say, “That’s a lotta wind, babe!” for sooo many situations.
Hugs to you from afar. So sorry for all you are going through!