Thursday, November 03, 2022

So Sue Me

Four, four days in a row! *cackles at the thundering sky like The Count* Hey, want some more good queer news? If you’re a queer lady who likes baking, comedy, world travel and other queer ladies, I think I have the show for you. Sue Perkins, one half of the O.G. Great British Bake-Off/Great British Baking Show host team is back with a new series on Netflix. And, goodness, it looks very, very interesting. I dunno about you, but I know I could use some welcome distraction these days.

“Sue Perkins: Perfectly Legal” seems to be less a standard adventure travel show and more like a self-discovery show that travels. The British comic journeys around the world to get shot (while wearing protective body armor), take psychedelics (and pays for it) and have rather unsavory conversations about the prevalence of bestiality (poor, poor donkeys).

I’ve watched the first episode and it plays very much like a sometimes witty, sometimes bewildering journey through a middle-aged lesbian’s midlife crisis. So, then, exactly as advertised. The series consists of three episodes, so I look forward to watching her do more crazy things on camera in lieu of buying a little red sportscar.

p.s. Endless gratitude for the continued support of My Little Life Implosion Fund so far. I plan to respond to the kind emails, posts and moral support that you all have lavished on me recently. I am a wee bit overwhelmed right now, but I promise you I read them all.

How to Donate:

Venmo: @Dorothy-Snarker
Paypal: idgie2@hotmail.com

4 comments:

Carmen San Diego said...

Woo 4 days in a row! Alright!

Anonymous said...

Sending you peace and comfort.

Anonymous said...

This show reminds me of “train wreck cannot turn away” watching. I enjoyed her courage and angst. Also need subtitles for her quick wit.

Anonymous said...

Probably the weakest of Sues shows. (I guess it’s Netflix who likes the othering aspect of other nations in picking out these stupid subjects). Still funny though.

If you like Sue, and if you don’t I will hunt you down, look out for the various other travel docs she did with the BBC.
While not as funny as this one, they show of her wonderful warmth and compassion more.

Actually look out for everything* she has done, the woman is a glorious hug and a laugh every time. I adore her.



*not her sitcoms though - I don’t adore her that much…