Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Building Lesbians

Wow, that got gay right quick. If you are a fan of the how-does-this-work, it-shouldn’t-work-show “Only Murders In the Building,” you know continues to defy the odds and work well in just started second season. The Steve Martin-Martin Short-Selena Gomez murder-comedy remains one of the most charming, hilarious and at times touching shows on air. And now, with ladies kissing. Sorry, spoiler alert, there’s some kissing between Selena and new cast member/real-life Shane Cara Delevingne. It happens in the second episode. There, now you know.

I’m pretty sure that’s the reason the show’s been quickly picked up for its third season. Kidding, mostly. Cara’s casting was announced bringing speculation that her art gallery owner character Alice and Selena’s artist character Mabel would perhaps hook up. And, then it was confirmed they would indeed be an item? well, they did not make us wait. Now, I fear Alice’s sudden arrival in Mabel’s life may be tied to some grisly death/murder. Because, uh, that’s kind of the nature of this show.

I really like basically everything about this show. The chemistry between its unlikely trio of stars. The brief jaunts into magical realism. The underrated physical comedy. The theme music. The perfect nailing of crime podcast culture. And now, The Gay.

I don’t know where they plan to take Mabel and Alice’s relationship, but I certainly hope we see a lot of it.

P.s. Since you were already spoiled by moi, here’s the scene. I mean, might as well watch (rewatch) it, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Omg, I can’t believe you still blog. That’s awesome. I read this blog religiously for years, years ago. This makes me happy.