Monday, July 04, 2022

Music Monday: Kate Bush, Obviously

Obviously, Kate Bush is having a moment. The inclusion of the 80s art rock legend’s “Running Up That Hill” in the new season of “Stranger Things” has given Kate a career renaissance of sorts, propelling the song past its original success and into another stratosphere. Honestly, how could it not? The song is as fresh and vibrant today as its release in, gulp, 1985. I can only hope the newfound love for Kate’s music will lead people to one of my favorite songs of hers, “This Woman’s Work.” Like, I don’t know why, but all these years later it still chokes me up a little listening to it. But that’s probably because I vividly remember its use in the 1988 rom-com “She's Having a Baby.” Yeah, Kevin Bacon and Elizabeth McGovern back when they looked like babies. But I’d forgotten that Kate wore a tuxedo in the music video. So, if you too had forgotten the specifics (or are just discovering them for the first time), please enjoy. She can do a lot more than run up a hill, that’s for sure. Happy Monday, kittens.

No comments: