Friday, July 22, 2022

My Weekend Crush

Well by now you’ve probably seen the famous Emmanuel-Don’t-Do-It Emu and his lesbian farmer best friend. Yes, I said lesbian farmer. Taylor Blake, 29, lives on her grandparents' South Florida hobby farm with her girlfriend and posts daily farm life content. And she went viral this month thanks to her chaos-loving, camera-pecking emu, Emmanuel.

OK, so he does not always choose violence. But he is always with Taylor. And their interactions provide a needed balm for modern life. Truly, I want to go to there.

How viral did they go? Well, she was on The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon last night, so that famous (and, yes, that’s her girlfriend). Anyway, I don’t know how the larger public didn’t clock Taylor as a lesbian immediately — loves animals and wears overalls with Crocs and/or boots and a ballcaps pretty much constantly. But then, The Straights are always bad about non-100-Footers.

Anyway, just like the rest of The Interwebs I’m in love, both with Taylor, all her animals and farm life in general. Truly, it’s the best way to experience lesbian farm life without actually having to be a lesbian farmer. And I’m all for it. Also, she’s really good at this making content for TikTok thing at her @knucklebumpfarms account. Like really good. Enjoy the scrolling, if you haven’t already. Or, you know, watch it again. Honestly, I see Emmanuel as an icon for the “Become Ungovernable” movement. Do it, Emmanuel. DO IT. Happy weekend, all

p.s. Taylor has another emu named Ellen. Straights, how did you not know?

1 comment:

Carmen San Diego said...

If I win the 660 million Mega Millions jackpot I would like to buy a farm and raise all sorts of animals
So maybe this is a preview of my future life
Have a great weekend DS