Thursday, July 28, 2022

There's Definitely Queers In Baseball

Finally, here’s a trailer I have absolutely no reservations about. Like, actually the opposite. How loud can I scream it from the rooftops? They’re taken “A League of Their Own” and made it — at least by all early appearances — properly gay. I know, FINALLY!

While the first teaser trailer got us all hot and bothered, the full trailer for the new Amazon Prime series based (loosely) on the movie by the same name has us positively erupting with excitement and, uh, other stuff. We finally get to see our new Rockford Peaches in action and, well, can it be Aug. 12 already? Please, pretty pretty please?

Also, not to laud my own gaydar or anything, but series creator/star Abbi Jacobson and “The Good Place” alum D’Arcy Carden are definitely gonna be a couple. Definitely. I mean, I could tell from the Intense Lesbian Eye Contact while sliding into home from the teaser they were gonna be a thing, but the continued Intense Lesbian Eye Contact and added Lesbian Hand Grazing in the trailer seals the deal. Also, I’m pretty sure I’m right about Rosie the lesbian bar owner. Yes, make it extra, extra gay!

I’m thrilled the new series (which follows the WWII era Peaches, but with a different set of characters than the iconic film) is much more inclusive and diverse. It’s about time they did more than just show one throw by Black female ball players of that time. And it’s equally time they aknowledged how queer a lot of these women were (and still are!).

I can’t wait to get some dirt in these skirts (which should be pants, but I digress). So, thoughts? At this point the only thing left is to start the pool about how many queer characters this show will end up having. I’m going with 4-5, but more is always appreciated. Play ball, Peaches!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes please! Lots more Peaches…..’Bout dam time.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the trailer Dorothy! So excited for this show! =D

Anonymous said...

Have you seen Paper Girls yet? Also on Prime. Without spoiling too much, I'd say it's pertinent to this blog's interests...

Unknown said...

HOLY SUFFERING SAPPHO!!!!! ABBI FRKN BROAD LESBIANING IT UP WITH BASEBALLLLL AND FINALLY A WOC WHO HAS A WHOLE PLOT WITH LINES!!! WIG SNATCHED OFF TO SPACEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE finally, finally, we get a real full length a-lister (or at least, solid B) studded sapphic movie made for us!!!! ANd even good old Rosie gay bartending in a suit! Do you think they get the original Madgonna or Geena as cameos at some point?? they should. Even if it's hideous naked lizard Benzos' money behind this I will take it

Jsyharicot said...

Started watching it yesterday, oh it's so good!!!!