Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Going (Very, Very) Green

Speaking of things that look sorta ridiculous but might wind up being good, I honestly don’t know what to think about “She Hulk: Attorney At Law.” I mean, one one hand Tatiana Maslany can pull off basically any role thrown at her. On the other hand, why would you hire someone as unendingly talented as Tatiana Maslany and then bury her under miles of green CGI? For what it’s worth, I also think the CGI on Hulk/Bruce looks dumb. But then I’m an old school Bill Bixby/Lou Ferrigno painted green fan.

I want this show to be good for Tatiana. And I’m intrigued by its billing as the first real comedy in the MCU. But, hooboy, do they look to be going for the broadest comedy strokes possible. She’s Big! She’s Green! She’s BIG and GREEN! Yeah, we get it. Do you have any more?

I think the Fourth Wall breaking (which is true to the comics and, um, “Fleabag”) could be promising. But the Very Green CGI and deliberate de-bulkification of her She Hulk are, well, they make a gal worry. Truly this is a project where the writing will make the difference since we already know the acting is going to be, well, incredible.

2 comments:

Carmen San Diego said...

Yeah I don’t know about that one…
Also I am kind of tired of super heroes

Panty Buns said...

I enjoyed watching the trailer -
We need more female super-heroes,
and Tatiana Maslany is fabulous+funny in this role!
I hope the writers do right by her. :D