Tuesday, July 05, 2022

Tank Top Tuesday: New Old Guard Edition

I…I don’t know how I feel about this development. On the one hand, I’m thrilled, THRILLED, that they are shooting the sequel to “The Old Guard.” On the other hand, I’m less thrilled, less, that they’ve done this to Charlize Theron/Andy/Andromache of Scythia’s hair while shooting the sequel to “The Old Guard.”
Sure, it’s giving me some serious late 2000s Tegan & Sara vibes. And if there’s anyone who could pull off a fashion mullet, it’s certainly Charlize. Now, I do appreciate the vest and reassurance that Andy’s commitment to tank tops (and those Wayfarers) remains unwavering. And suits, well, suits are new. And I will always appreciate suits.
But the hair? Sigh. We will just have to grit out teeth and trust the process.
Also helping me get over the hair? Uma freaking Thurman. Uma’s presence in the sequel was only just revealed, as were images of her on set tussling with Charlize. The Bride from Kill Bill going after the immortal from The Old Guard? Yes, I would like to see it. Yes.
Fine, maybe I forgive the hair. No, not really. I remain salty.

1 comment:

FutureMuse said...

I feel like they let Shayne do her hair for this one.