Friday, April 22, 2022

My Weekend Blogiversary

Well, kittens, Ye Olde Blogge has made it another year around the sun. As of this coming Sunday, Dorothy Surrenders will be 16 years old. This baby can drive! It’s crazy to think that it’s my longest non-familial commitment. (With all apologies to my wife, who I met 6 years into writing Surrenders already. Ahem.)

So for this blogiversary I am sheepishly going to do another, small fundraiser. You see, I’ve been cranking out Surrenders on the MacBook I bought from my first fundraiser back in 2012. Yes, I am still working on a 10-year-old laptop, folks. But at least it has ports and slots without needing to buy an additional dongle (that’s just a grumble for Apple, not for any of you). Anyway, it’s way past time I finally buy a new one and with a little help from you, dear readers, I hope to do so soon.

I think I’ve almost been writing this blog long enough for blogs to become ironically cool again? I mean if mullets and fanny packs can come back anything is possible. But, in all seriousness, I am eternally grateful that you come back to read each day or week or month or year. I’ve long said that I write to keep myself from screaming at the television (or computer screen or news report, you get the idea).

What I remain forever thankful for is your support and your readership. It humbles me that so many of you have been around for so long, years and a decade-plus even for some of you. I know being able to write Surrenders has helped me learn and develop and become what I hope is the best version of myself. I was a shy child and a shy young adult and am now a somewhat less shy full grown adult — and I attribute a lot of that to being part of an online LGBTQ+ community that had nurtured and supported my work and my growth. So thank you, kittens, from the bottom of my not entirely inky black heart.

Anyway, if you feel like donating or have a few bucks you can donate to my Venmo - @Dorothy-Snarker. I first used Venmo last year when I put up a digital tip jar for my 15th blogiversary, and so many of you were so lovely and so generous. Thank you again.

I realize this probably leaves out all you international kittens, which stinks. But I don’t have another payment service that will go to my Dorothy Snarker account unfortunately. (If you have suggestions for international donation mechanisms that would reveal only my pen name instead of legal name, let me know.)

But even if you don’t donate, I’m just happy you keep coming back here to read and share and grow and (respectfully) ogle hot women in tank tops. Thanks for 16 years.

p.s. If you do make a donation (and thank you in advance, though again no one should feel obligated to do so), please mark it an anniversary gift for future tax purposes. We could avoid all of this if they’d just tax billionaires properly.

9 comments:

Carmen San Diego said...

Happy birthday to my favorite website blog online thingy! Wow 16 years
Can’t believe I’ve been coming here since the After Ellen days!
I donated to the current laptop and will do it again for the next one too
Thank you for your effort and generosity in keeping this space my dear DS

Babs said...

What about paypal?

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary ! I've read your posts years and years, and admire(d) your impeccable style and sense of humour - even at darker times. You have a huge impact on my awareness of things in culture and in relationships. Thank you. And I truly wish I could help with the Mac issue... -Josander

Helena said...

Happy belated 16th anniversary. Thank you for your excellent writing and keeping me informed on so many issues.

Anonymous said...

I donated on the first one and I still have the card! I am overseas so I can’t donate for this one, but I send you virtual hoorays. Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

X2

MizGarfield said...

Congratz on your blogiversary!

I would have been happy to donate for your new MacBook.

Big hugs from Holland

Anonymous said...

Perhaps PayPal is an option? I have been reading and finding comfort in your words from when I was only sixteen myself! Would love to contribute to the new laptop :-) Virtual hugs from Belgium

Anonymous said...

(And, just to clarify, that was about sixteen years ago as well! Keep up the great work, DS!)