Thursday, April 28, 2022

Back 5Eva

Hey, here’s something to look forward to in May besides the slow and inevitable march for time ever forward? Screwball girl band satire “Girls5Eva” is coming back, and soon! The Peacock comedy brings back Sara Bareilles, Busy Philipps, Renée Elise Goldsberry and out comic Paula Pell as one-hit-wonder 90s girl group Girls5Eva. Looks like they’ll be recording a new album in the new season. I still think the fifth “Girl,” Ashley (played by Ashley Park) is going to make an appearance in the new season — outside of a hologram that is. Mostly I can’t wait for this fun little romp, which includes Paula’s lesbian character/resident dentist Gloria, to come back May 5 and make me laugh. Also, fuck, if those songs aren’t ridiculous earworms. You’ve been warned.

2 comments:

Carmen San Diego said...

That’s a fun show
Guess I gotta sign up for peacock plus, or whatever it is called, again

Panty Buns said...

I love this trailer for the second season of Girls5eva!
I also love the trailer for the first season of Girls5eva that you embedded in your 19 May, 2021 post
(which you linked above).
I hadn't been familiar with Peacock TV, but what with NetFlix not carrying nearly enough movies and TV shows
that have positive uplifting lesbian content I will start looking into getting it.