Tuesday, April 05, 2022

Big Theater Kid Energy

Anne Hathaway is the purest, truest definition of a theater kid and people who hate her for trying so hard don’t understand — that’s the purest, truest compliment for a theater kid. I never understood people who disliked her? Because she is very good, tries hard every time and appears to enjoy herself? Is it her earnest enjoyment of being the embodiment of a theater kid? Or just more people who hate seeing a successful, talented woman live her best life? Dunno, but must be sad to be them.

Reminder, Anne Hathaway won an Oscar for 15 minutes on screen in “Les Misérables,” where she spent most of that time tearfully singing “I Dreamed a Dream.” So, the lady has chops. And, in case you’d forgotten, she gave the universe one of the truest, purest shots of dopamine with her epic 2015 “Lip Sync Battle” appearance against Emily Blunt. I have it recorded and rewatch anytime I need a little pick-me up. Honestly, when she jumps on that wrecking ball? I cheer every time. Anyway, Anne Hathaway, forever.

p.s. Also, apparently this photo of Anne Hathway exists and, um. Anne Hathaway Fan Club President For Life.

4 comments:

Anne said...

She’s one of my faves, too…I took this pic a few years back when she came to Cambridge to receive the Hasty Pudding Woman of the Year award…

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ah_pics/4313133790/in/album-72157622991055747/

She’s great fun!!

Carmen San Diego said...

Annie Hathaway Forever
And that pic, wow

Anonymous said...

Yes! I’ve never understood the disdain she gets either. Look at that face and those eyes. It’s like hating a dormouse. I blame that douche Franco.

And THANKYOU for introducing me to that clip, (and also The Kelly Clarkson Show). This Scot is away to get lost down a glorious You Tube rabbit hole…

Anonymous said...

And now I’ve just found her Lip Sync battle of Wrecking Ball. OH.MY.GOD.

BEST THING IVE SEEN THIS YEAR.

Saved to faves. Pure dopamine hit. That middle finger lolololololol