Tuesday, February 25, 2014

What Glee?

So “Glee” is back today, I guess. I’m not really sure because, quite frankly, I’ve lost track. I stopped watching back in November after that atrocity wrapped in a steaming tortilla of awfulness that was “The End of Twerk.” I took it off my DVR season pass that night. And I haven’t seen an episode since. How do I feel about that? Hmm, well, I feel really fucking good about it, actually – thanks for asking. Over the months I’ve toyed with the idea of catching up. I could put it on in the background and do more important tasks like organizing my sock drawer or cleaning out the cat box. That last seems particularly appropriate. But in the end, I would rather watch a rerun of “House Hunters” where two whiny people whine about the lack of granite countertops than “Glee.” Somehow, even the people who complain about not having stainless steel appliances seems less grating than those kids. I’m still deciding whether I’ll watch the 100th episode. I’m leaning toward a maybe yes, only because I know so many of the actors and characters I actually cared about when I used to actually care about this show will be returning. And for a flash I was worried that if I did tune in I would be confused, having missed so many episodes. But then I laughed at myself for a good 10 minutes because, idiot, this is “Glee.” It probably has better continuity the longer you don’t watch. I don’t really know when the 100th episode will be airing either. Obliviousness toward “Glee” is my new happy place. It’s strange, really, how something that once felt fresh and – while always seriously flawed – important can fade into such obscurity. But, there you have it. That’s “Glee.” I guess. I wouldn’t actually know. Like I said, I stopped watching.

6 comments:

Sarah + Laura said...

YES! We spoke about the same thing this morning. Or, namingly, how they should retire it, and make a box set of all the classic Glee, before they all graduated and the awful new class came in. We should all forget about them.

Danie said...

I think that this one today is #97? So that would make, the 18th of March the 100th Episode maybe? Unless they take another ten week (I just wrote tweek) hiatus.

Carmen SanDiego said...

I used to like this show so much but now I'm on the same boat as you. Actually you lasted longer than I did...
"I kissed a girl" made me stop caring and then I watched out of habit but since the Finn tribute episode I haven't watched again...

Shasta said...

I think I'm still watching out of habit. Who knows when I'll give up... So weird that such a great show went crazy.
Of more interest is House Hunters and the granite/stainless parrots! I want them to shut up so much! Possibly worse are the people who complain about paint colours. Oh idiocy!

Althena said...

You have spoken yet again what many of us only grumble. I stopped watching Glee at the end of season 2 and then Picture Perfect served as closure...

fishing rod holders said...

Wow,Excellent post. Its most important information base article. I think its must be helpful for every person. Its really informative and useful for us. Thanks for your nice post.

Carpet cleaning
House Cleaning