Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Welcome back, Gayzzoli

This Post-It, tweeted by new showrunner Jan Nash, is how I feel about watching “Rizzoli & Isles” to a T. Sometimes I wonder why I keep watching this show. Other times I know for sure. Certainly, it doesn’t have the best writing. Definitely, the crimes aren’t the craftiest. And, sweet merciful Zeus, is the police procedure is beyond ridiculous. But that is not and never was why I watched. Instead, since the beginning, I’ve been in it for the chemistry, camaraderie and comedy. And the stupid obvious lesborific subtext. I just can’t help myself.

p.s. Gayzzoli subtext recaps start up again tomorrow on AfterEllen.

4 comments:

egghead said...

Gayzzzzzoli!!! Dr. Isles, man. I missed that babe soooo much. :D
She's so good, she makes Jane (a right winger in real life) look like a soft little cuddly, loveable kitten! THIS is why I watch. :)

Carmen SanDiego said...

Yeah all neat and pretty but if Jane marries GI Joe I'm out.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Is there anyway to get some kind of alert when those recaps are uploded on after ellen?
I think those are better then the show itself :)

Helena said...

Only watching it to see lovely Maura and totally agrees with the comment that the recaps are better than the show.