Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tina Fey Tuesday

A whole week without Tina Fey and I’m starting to twitch. Seriously, I’m coming down with the cold sweats. But, luckily for me, my Tina has been all over the news lately. And by all over the news, I mean everywhere. Writing a book. Appearing on Dave Letterman this Friday. She seems to be everywhere except, curiously, her own show “30 Rock.” The series still won't premiere for another 16 days (yes, I counted). I know I'm not the only one who is impatiently waiting for the return of Liz Lemon on Oct. 30. Heck, even The New York Times is getting antsy.

To hold us over until then, NBC whets our appetites with a sneak peek at the deluge of very-special guest stars coming to visit 30 Rockerfeller Center this season including Oprah, Jennifer Aniston, Steve Martin and Megan Mullally.


Not included in the preview, but no less noteworthy, is Salma Hayek who plays Jack's love interest in two episodes. Here she is filming. Tina and Salma and, um, the girls – I may pass out.

But enough teasing. I want the main course. Bring on the Rock. Though seeing Tina and Megan side-by-side I thought for a second that I'd stumbled into the First Annual Sarah Palin Impersonators Convention by accident.

Speaking of she who should not be vice president, Tina had a few thoughts on what she would do if Moose & Squirrely actually made it into office:

“If she wins, I'm done. I can't do that for four years. And by 'I'm done,' I mean I'm leaving Earth.”

Oh, Tina, if you're leaving the planet then I'm coming with you. I hear Mars is nice, and it even has ice. And you know what that means, right? Margaritas! Getting blitzed with Tina on a Palin-free planet? Sign me up, you betcha.

UPDATE: It’s true, it’s true! Only T-minus 9 days until the new season of “30 Rock” premieres online.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL
tina/megan/palin were separated at birth!
(and palin is the evil triplet...)

salma and the girls - now I may need a margarita myself...

;)) babs

Anonymous said...

How am I supposed to watch Tina Fey AND Megan Mullally in the same show, at the same time without exploding with glee?

Love them!

Anonymous said...

If worst comes to worst all you lovely ladies (and Girls) will just have to emigrate to Europe (not that our politicians are so much better, but they surely can't be as bad as Moose & Squirrely). And yes, please do bring The Fey!

Anonymous said...

I have a confession...I don't watch 30 Rock. I have another, darker confession - I never really got the Tina Fey thing. I feel that I can bare my soul here because there is an upside - I'm starting to get the love. It started with the Sarah Palin impersonation and then I started reading some of her comments and, well, I just might start watching 30 Rock. We'll see...

madmags said...

Tina Fey and Cheerios. What a way to start the day! I was anticipating Tank Tops this morning but I love a switcheroo once in a while.
Ooooh, that word always reminds me of "When Night is Falling". Another happy thought.
I hope you read that NY Times article to it's end because even though 30 Rock is not around yet, Tina will be on the SNL specials Thursday at 9:30 for the next 2 weeks, no doubt portraying the bête noir of the western world.
And, by the way, today's NY Times front page ( no I am not doing PR )has a horrific looking picture of the L.A. fires.
Snarks, please stay safe out there.

Mags

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

The 30 Rock season premier will be available on nbc.com on Oct 23, so that's only 9 days away (and yes, I've been counting down too). I've been having serious 30R withdrawl...

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one. I am getting antsy. I want my 30 Rock! And though I don't mind guest stars I hope they don't fall into that Will & Grace trap.

30 Rock is a good show and can stand alone. Unfortunately some people don't get it. But hopefully with all the recent TF exposure it will bring in more viewers who will stick around.

tina/megan/palin triplets, ha! That's funny

ReneeG said...

I'm seriously excited about 30 Rock... this season is going to rock our socks off.

And we know one place Tina Fey won't be going if McCain/Palin wins..Alaska!

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

I'm sure that when the 23rd rolls around you'll have your Fey fans gathered here to discuss the best lines ;) Whitney on popcandy has me insanely jealous because she's gotten to see like three episodes already, and says that they're all really funny. I need the funny!

Anonymous said...

? tina wants to go to Mars?
sounds good,

Norma Desmond said...

Tina and Megan together is something I've dreamt of for SO long. *sniff, sniff, tear* Looks like things are finally right for ol' KSimon.

Anonymous said...

just seeing this post of Tina Fey and 30Rock makes me all "tingely" inside!!

It's brilliant to put Megan & Tina together... they could be sisters.

can't wait for the fun!!

Anonymous said...

i tried to kill my television but you're telling me that tina fey and megan mullally are on a show...together... i just might have to buy one of those digital converter boxes! that or youtube it.