Friday, October 03, 2008

My Weekend Crush

I always wonder why Thandie Newton isn't a bigger star. Make no mistake, she is gorgeous. The kind of gorgeous that serves as a constant reminder that movie stars are in fact an entirely different species from us mere mortals. She is so exquisite that her diaphanous features seem almost sculpted. All that and she is immensely talented to boot. Watch “Beloved.” Watch “Crash.” Fine, don't watch “Mission: Impossible II.” Sadly her talents have too often been squandered in things like that horrid fat-suit movie at rhymes with “sherbet.” Still I'm intrigued to see how she portrays Condoleezza Rice in the upcoming “W.” And I'm more intrigued by her recent interview discussion of a teenage romance with one of her closest girlfriends where she said “I think falling in love is actually more about falling in love with an individual. We’re all potentially bisexual....I could’ve easily fallen in love with a woman over a man. My husband Ol’s kind of a man-woman. Look, I once loved Tim Curry, so there you go.” Well, who wasn't in love with Tim Curry? Particularly in lingerie. Happy weekend, all.

8 comments:

*cosmic freak* said...

That was my first comment to the last girl I crushed on, "You remind me of a celebrity, yes, Thandie Newton". Because she was wearing a tank top and an aviator sunglasses and her diaphanous features were gorgeously structured and I immediately fell for it. (too bad she's so straight, then again, a friend reminded me, human's sexual preferences is at equilibrium).

Anyways, yeah, Thandie Newton is such a gorgeous lady. I first noticed her in "Besieged". And only in "Truth About Charlie" that she actually looked gorgeous and I was like "hey, this was the maid in 'Besieged'!"

TheWeyrd1 said...

Gotta love the bisexual actresses that say it's so... I think I kinda had a tiny crush on Tim Curry too, but it was just the decadence of it all...

Anonymous said...

Funny (unrelated) video that everyone should watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8y1e-z1JA0

Steph said...

I love Thandi Newton....and her man-woman husband (after all, he did give us Imagine Me & You).

Anonymous said...

first saw thandie newton in aussie film "flirting" along with nicole kidman and was most impressed. Happy weekend all!

Anonymous said...

I liked her in Flirting, too, a zillion years ago. She was so cute as a teenager, and so beautiful now.

I can't really picture her as Condi Rice, though. I guess that'll be interesting!

Miss Lila Vy said...

these kinds of comments from moviestars and anyone with a public mouthpiece always leave me feeling a little ambivalent and a little uncomfortable. On the one hand, "yay! someone loudly and casually admitting that bisexuality is a-okay! huzzah" on the other hand...I have this sinking sensation that they are at the same time trying to slide it under the rug "look, *everyone's* a little "bisexual" and I ended up in a nice , heterosexual, traditionally structured relationship, so it's fine. It's not really "not being straight." I'm not different! Everyone is like this if only they'd admit it." And I'm not sure that's true. I'm pretty sure that's isn't the case, as far as I can see, actually. I mean, does everyone's sexuality fall into neatly compartmentalized boxes of "Likes girls" "Likes boys" "Hates sex"? No. But enough people out there get their bisexual-hate on often enough that I don't want to see it treated as some quirky, LUG-y subset of heterosexuality. As when Megan Fox "came out," I wanted to say (and I believe you, Ms. Snarker, did) "No, everyone is not bisexual. *You* are."

Invertir en petroleo said...

Hello, i wanna congratulate you for this post, i consider that has good information and is nice to read it.