Thursday, October 16, 2008

Mind & Body Break

Sometimes you just need a Mind & Body Break. Today, well, today is one of those days. Now, when I say Mind & Body Break, I don't mean a day at the spa...though, now that I think about it, that wouldn't be too bad either. No, I mean a Mind & Body Break in the sense that with a couple of clicks both your mind and body will feel refreshed. Think it's impossible? Just watch.

First, the Body. Please let the fabulous Ms. Knowles work it out for you. I swear, if I could just once make my hips move like B does here, I could die a happy woman. Where my single ladies at? Beyoncé dance break in the middle of the room, immediately.


And now, the Mind. I watched this video four times in a row yesterday. I did this because it made me feel good. And not in the usual, “Awww, isn't that a cute kitten!” “Hey, is that dog riding a tricycle?” way many other videos make you feel good. No, this made me feel better because it made me believe we really can make the world a better place. In these terribly uncertain and unsatisfying times, I think what we all really want is to know that we can still make a difference. Find out more about The Girl Effect. Go girl, indeed. [Hat tip, Shakesville!]



See, a little fun for the Body, a little fuel for the Mind. Who needs a stupid spa anyway?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW thank you so much for those dancing hips, ms. snarker!

;)) babs

Anonymous said...

after I regained consciousness, I watched "the girl effect" (thanks again!) what a great cause!

;)) babs

Lezlie Mac said...

Beyoncé sure can move those hips. But I could do without the sound...

Did you see the other video Beyoncé released ? The one where she dresses as a cop, with the gun and the glasses and all ...???

Well you should.

Anonymous said...

I felt guilty for watching B shake it too many times, I had to donate to girleffect. Now I feel much better...about both. Thanks ms. snarker : )

Anonymous said...

Not so much into Beyonce's body, but thanks for posting girleffect. That's something I can do, and feel better.

Especially after Canada's elections a few days ago, when rightwing Bush pal Harper got in again with a minority government:(

Anonymous said...

Not much of a Beyonce fan, but I was blown away by The Girl Effect. Just another reason I keep coming back to this blog...

The Spaz said...

I've been feeling a bit depressed because my thirtieth birthday is in two weeks. I just decided about an hour ago that I would feel better about this fact if I started my thirties doing something good for a change.

Thank you for posting the Girl Effect video today. Once my payment clears some girl in Nepal will be going to high school due to your timing. =)