Friday, March 30, 2007

My Weekend Crush

I’ve always had a special spot in my heart for top-heavy country queen Dolly Parton. While country music isn’t necessarily my style, Dolly transcends the genre with her candid charm and spunky sass. Her present day larger-than-life persona is remarkable considering her real-life humble beginnings (coat of many colors and all). But rather than be a distant diva, Ms. Parton has always been refreshingly honest about herself, not to mention endearingly self-deprecating about her iconic look. Now, Dolly is back making headlines and setting lesbian hearts a flutter. While on tour in Europe, Dolly told the British tabs that she liked to fantasize while making love to her husband:

“When I have sex with my husband these days, I fantasize I am with someone like Keith Urban or a petite, hot young woman.”

Hot damn. Though, truth be told, I’m not sure I could handle that much woman. It’s kind of, uh, intimidating. Dolly went on to say that her first crush was on a Tennessee hooker.

“I thought she was beautiful. She had more hair, more color, more everything.”

Dolly, I think you’re beautiful. And you definitely have more hair, more color, more everything than anyone. Happy weekend, all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I swear that I saw a little clip in the Advocate, or something, several years ago in which Dolly said, "no one knows I'm lesbian except my girlfriend."

I'm not sure how seriously we were supposed to take that remark, and of course so many celebrities seem to make bi-friendly comments while never actually having a (public) same-sex relationship, but I still think she's cool.

R said...

She is very cool, and completely comfortable with herself (as she should be).