Friday, April 13, 2007

Kerplewie continued…

So, apparently there was a “hang up” (AT&T’s oh-so technical terminology, not mine) with my order and the DSL modem that should have been hard at work in my home by now is instead sitting blissfully idle in some warehouse. I cannot express to you my levels of frustration. Actually, I could, but a whole page full of expletives -- while fun to say -- isn’t all that fun to read. Needless to say, I’m beyond annoyed and things are still agonizingly hit-and-miss in the wireless department.

I’ve abandon all hope of a reliable connection over the weekend. But, really, it’s a moot point because my sister is coming into town and we have a girly weekend planned. And by girly I mean she will try on clothes and I will tell her that her ass does not - in any way, shape or form - look fat in that. So, I probably won’t post again until Tuesday, by which time my ISP has assured me my modem should have definitely arrived. A gal can dare to dream.

UPDATE I: Oh and My God. Let me just tell you how AMAZINGLY FUCKING ANGRY I am with AT&T right now. First, it took them an entire week to get me my new modem (when they promised it would only be three days). Then, when it finally arrives, it is the wrong modem (without a wireless router). And finally, the modem they did send is broken (no ethernet connection). To recap: AT&T sucks. They are idiots. I still don't have reliable internet connection. So, what does this mean for you? Worst case scenario: no posts until Wednesday. Best case scenario: No posts until late Tuesday, but I scream at customer service and at least feel a little better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having recently quit a job working for a similarly shitty customer service network for sky broadband, I can tell you with unfortunate certainty your chance are slim. It's in the depot, we'd say. Expect it in 3-5 working days. 3-5 working days later, the modem has vanished into the vast chasm between the two vastly different operating systems for the management of customer information, and nothing can be done without the help of a supervisor and the blood of a young goat. Good luck, though!