Friday, March 10, 2023

My Weekend Crush

I have no idea who the Sparks are, and honestly don’t really care. But I do care about Cate Blanchett dancing around in headphones and a banana-yellow suit for 3 uninterrupted minutes. While it is living against my own grain (hello, Carol reference), I will not be rooting for Cate this Sunday at the Oscars. First, she’s already got two shiny, naked golden men at home. And second, yeah, gotta give it up for Michelle Yeoh this award season. I rewatched EEAAO for the third time earlier this month and it still deserves all the awards — it deserves the everything bagel of awards, but in a good way. But back to Cate and her Elaine dancing. I have, again, no idea the backstory to this and actually don’t really care. I just like the thought of one of the greatest actresses of our generation and an iconic lesbian crush object zany dancing for our pleasure. Also, I think queer women should turn the Cate Crying in Her Latte dance into a thing like the Wednesday TikTok dance. Let’s go, lesbians, let’s go. Happy weekend, all.

2 comments:

Carmen San Diego said...

rooting for Angela Bassett and Michelle Yeoh this Sunday
Sorry Cate, still love you though. And I still want Tár’s wardrobe

Anonymous said...

‘the’ Sparks… ‘the’… that’s so wrong 😂