Monday, March 13, 2023

Music Monday: Still Our Girls

If you’re looking for the best way to spend 22 minutes this Monday you can’t find a better endeavor than the Indigo Girls Tiny Desk Concert. I got to see our Girls last year during Pride Month, having not seen them since well before the pandemic. And recently, while going through boxes of shit containing remnants of my life, I found a ticket stub from 1995 for one of their shows (though not the first I saw, but sadly I think that ticket has been lost to time). So, yes, I’m a damn fan. I think one of my favorite things about following a band over the decades like this is to see, and especially hear, their progression. Yes, Emily and Amy’s voices have changed. But those changes are earned and it’s a privilege to witness time work its mysteries on your favorite artist. So enjoy. And singalong because we know you know the words. Happy Monday, kittens.

p.s. Plenty of Oscar talk coming later this week. Plenty.

p.s.s. Plenty of TLOU talk coming later this week too. More than plenty.

No comments: