Thursday, April 29, 2021

Throwback Gayzzoli

Cue “Memories” and grab your Aviators of Sexy Justice. Angie Harmon (at least her voice, and what a voice that is - more on that later) is back! Det. Jane Rizzoli may only live on in our hearts, dreams and rerun marathons, but Angie is bringing her voice back to television to narrate the true-crime docuseries “Cellmate Secrets” for Lifetime. Yes, you can her That Voice narrate a new murder show. Granted, I’d listen to Angie read a phonebook. (Which, for the youths, was a physical paper product that took everyone’s home landline telephone numbers and published them in a bound catalogue that was then thrown onto your doorstep once a year by the telephone company. In short, this is how you Googled someone before Google.) So, definitely I’d listen to her talk about infamous, high-profile crimes? Obviously. And that’s not just because I’m tickled that Angie herself remembers and misses The Ponytail of Righteous Justice. Oh, the good old Gayzzoli days.

p.s. I know the subtext recaps have poofed off that site that shall not be named. And I’ve received questions about accessing them. I am searching to see if I have all the original copy and screencaps. I can’t promise you anything, but maybe one day I could find them a new permanent home. One day.

4 comments:

Helena said...

Your recaps gave me so much joy , will be great to read them again.

Carmen San Diego said...

Those subtext recaps were high art

Anonymous said...

those recaps were a highlight of the site and they're fools for taking them down

Anonymous said...

According to the person who just messaged me the server crashed in November and they're working on bringing everything back