Friday, April 16, 2021

My Weekend Crush

What happens when you have queer people on staff, both in front of and behind the camera? You get just pointed, hilarious skits like SNL’s “Lesbian Period Drama” which make you howl with its correctness. Like we were just talking about that “Ammonite” scene and everything. How correct is this skit? Lesbian Monthly’s blurb of “Sure. I mean I’m gonna see it”? The accuracy. And Kate McKinnon as “the one actual lesbian actress” dressed like a stone-cold ex dandy? You love to see it. The trailer for “Lesbian Period Drama” almost makes me want to watch another lesbian period drama. Or gather rocks on the beach. Probably both. Happy weekend, all.

3 comments:

Helena said...

Kate McKinnon , the light of my life :). Have a great weekend Dorothy.

Carmen San Diego said...

You just know that Kate McKinnon wrote this

Carmen San Diego said...

I haven’t laughed like that at an SNL skit in a long time...
I am Lesbian Monthly: “Sure. I mean I’m gonna see it”