Thursday, December 17, 2020

Silky Smooth

More gay-ish TV news, but admittedly much much less gay than the last two day’s news. So if you’re a Canadian kitten, or did a lot of downloading and using VPNs, you are no doubt familiar with “Being Erica.” The TV show aired for four seasons in the late aughts, early tens on the CBC. Well it is being rebooted for American TV with “Girls” and “Get Out” star Allison Williams as the lead.

The original show centered on a woman named Erica (duh) who – and bear with me because I’m getting this from Wikipedia – appears to have a magical therapist who can send her back in time to relive her biggest regrets in life. Damn, Canada, drinking the strong stuff I see.

I don’t understand the mechanics of how this time travel therapy worked because I’ve never watched a whole episode. In fact, I’ve only ever seen clips from one episode. That being the Very Special Gay Episode of “Being Erica” starring Anna Silk as Erica’s sexy lesbian next-door neighbor. Trust me, Anna has the lady magic with or without Bo (or Lauren or Tamsin, for that matter).

I remember the clips from back in the day well because nobody forgets getting flirting with Anna Silk. Also there’s finger painting and ladies sexy dancing with other ladies in clubs and hand bikinis and just all kinds of late aughts, early tens straight-gals-experimenting-with-lesbianism cheesy goodness. Yeah, I definitely remember those clips – fondly. They were memorable for, um, reasons.

Obviously, I have no idea whether this reboot of “Being Erica” will have anything as or more gay in it than the original series. My point? Well, mostly I just wanted to post those old clips of Anna Silk doing her best to get another lady into bed. Feels like old times again.

p.s. You can watch all of Anna Silk’s scenes from that Very Special Gay Episode here on YouTube. They wouldn’t let me embed it because of age restriction which I hope is because of the innocuous hand bikinis and not its queer content but alas who knows.

2 comments:

Carmen San Diego said...

Wow how much would the magical therapy time cost? I would spend every session wanting to relive the best days and memories of my life.
Also, Can I regret not buying the correct powerball numbers?

Anonymous said...

Being Erica was a really good show. I'd recommend watching the original Canadian version if you can get it.