Thursday, May 28, 2020

Gender Immortal Thursday

Well, now, that got my attention. But then Short-Haired Charlize Theron always gets my attention. And then if you also make her Action Mode Charlize Theron and, well, swoons for days.

I’d never heard of “The Old Guard,” but form the trailer glean that they’re immortals who have learned to be badasses to fight for, hopefully, good. But because the trailer got my attention I did my homework and found out it started as a comic book series by Greg Rucka, who is responsible for both Kate Kane and Renee Montoya being gay in the comics – and now TV/film.

And apparently in the comic three out of the four leads are queer. I know that two of them are a gay male couple. I have no idea who the third is (anyone, anyone? Bueller, Bueller?). But, goodness, so I hope Charlize’s alternative lifestyle haircut makes her our third. Though, I wouldn’t be mad one bit of they made KiKi Layne the third instead. Not one bit.

So, thoughts? Anyone read the comics? I’ll tell you one thing, I could watch Charlize with That Hair and Those Mercenary Skills kick bad guy ass through the centuries for quite some time – possibly even forever.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ditto dorothy!
I also enjoyed the fluffy role she played in Long Shot.