Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Dance Dance Revolution

I guess this is a month for legends only. This made the rounds recently and I have to say it was so much more delightful than I was expecting and I’m not even sure why. Wait, I know why. It’s because it’s always a delight to see the great Lucille Ball and the great Ginger Rogers and the probably great, but I don’t know her as well, daughter of Lucy and Desi, Lucie Arnaz, dancing together. But it’s somehow made it even more delightful by dubbing the scene to Beyonce’s “Single Ladies.” I mean, Beyonce does make almost anything better, so.

Now the original was a clip form Lucy’s sitcom “Here’s Lucy,” which featured the whole Ball-Arnaz family, and ran for six seasons from 1968 to 1974. The episode in question was from 1971, when Ginger Rplayed herself and through a series of mishaps, wouldn’t you know it, they end up doing a totally unrehearsed dance number together. Like one does. As I was saying, a true delight now matter the music or the time period.

2 comments:

jimbo26 said...

THEM`S were the days , thank you Dorothy . (Big smile) .

Carmen San Diego said...

Month for legends is a great way to pass the time!