Friday, May 01, 2020

My Weekend Crush

Sure, AOC and The Squad get most of the headlines (and, don’t get me wrong, they’re wonderful). But fellow freshman Rep. Katie Porter deserves to be our progressive gets-shit-down girl crush as well. Not only is she uncompromisingly tough on dumbass Trump officials and whatever billionaire CEO who crosses her path, she gives me that real Elizabeth Warren tingle when it comes to being sensible and capable and utterly unwilling to put up with anyone’s bullshit.

Like I was saying, totally crush worthy. Makes me almost wish I lived in the southern half of my state so I could vote for her. No bullshit. Happy safe and healthy weekend, all.

3 comments:

Helena said...

This is so good to watch on a Friday morning , just gives me energy. Have a good and safe weekend Dorothy and just big thank you again for this blog. I always loved it but know it is like a lifeline of something too look forward to every day xx

Carmen San Diego said...

Well if you are ever in the southern half of your state and want to go for a beverage please do mention it... and have a wonderful weekend and month of May

gynergy said...

Perhaps because Katie was one of Warren's students at Harvard