Friday, September 23, 2011

My Weekend Crush

I can pretty much take or leave dinosaurs. And, if dinosaurs were chasing me, that would tip strongly to the side of leave. But I love me some Shelley Conn. So, therein lies my latest rub. Should I watch the new Fox show “Terra Nova” with its dinosaurs and that jarhead from “Avatar” just because the luminous Shelley is in it? Or should I skip it and just continue to troll the internet for pictures of her and rewatch clips of “Mistresses” and rewatch “Nina’s Heavenly Delights” and troll the internet some more? Like I was saying, the rub. Of course now I’ve mentioned Shelley and the word “rub” in close proximity twice and I’m going to need a moment to, uh, collect myself. Please talk amongst yourselves. Topic? Better kisser: Anna Torv or Laura Fraser? Only Shelley knows for sure.

That Shelley is lovely has never been in question. When all of Shelley’s loveliness would be readily available to US audiences has. The British import has stayed mainly on that side of the pond, until now. “Terra Nova” comes with big credentials (Steven Spielberg slumming in TV!), but still sounds a little like Jurassic Park with a time machine instead of DNA cloning. For some reason I can’t get pumped for the concept of humans traveling back in time to colonize prehistoric Earth (again, dino ambivalence). But I think I owe it to Shelley after years of coveting her deliciousness while snogging with the likes of Anna and Laura to give it at least a go. Suffice it to say, if Shelley gets eaten by a T. Rex in the first episode I will be a very, very unhappy camper. Happy weekend, all.

p.s. This photo is very much Shelley. She is just at an angle so it might be hard to tell. Trust me, I know the difference between a Shelley and a Padma.

p.p.s. No, really. It is Shelley. Really, really.

12 comments:

vrgriffith said...

I would check out the pilot.If it's lame, just continue to troll for more pictures.

She is so beautiful!

BTW left you a message on afterellen about starting film camp for girl and women like rock n roll camp.please read and respond when you get a chance.

I'm valerieg in that universe. And valerie63 on twitter. I'm the one trying to restart the lgbtq newspaper in memphis, tn.

PatsyBailey said...

snarker, I feel the exact same way! decisions, decisions....

Florence said...

I'm torn.
First because I watch way too many shows and well there needs to be some time to study, so adding a new show is kind of a dilemma.
Plus I fell asleep watching Jurassic Park and The lost world so dinosaurs are clearly not for me.
On the other hand Shelley Conn with her stunning face and her delicious posh British accent, I don't think I can miss that.

jennifer said...

record it.. and then just fast forward to all of her scenes.

Anonymous said...

That picture doesn't look like Shelley Conn to me.... Sure it's not Padma Lakshmi?

Carmen SanDiego said...

Snarker, I love you. I am constantly amazed by how brilliant you are. Marry me? You can pick any ring you want.

alice said...

it does kinda look like Padma Lakshmi. either way, whoever it is, is sooo hot! after reading all the rubs you wrote, i think i need to go collect myself now :p

Anonymous said...

Still not 100% convinced that is Shelley but I will bow to your discerning eye Ms. Snarker. In any case, its like asking if you'd like a million dollars in hundreds or thousands..either way you end up happy.

Anonymous said...

Wow I thought Padma at first quick glance too.
Terra Nova appealed to me anyway so now I am delighted to learn that Shelley is it in. Thanks DS.

Eitherway rewatching Mistresses is never a bad thing. I do it often as I am still trying to work out the make of Shelley's big white watch. Nothing to do with her & Anna Torv kissing, oh no *fans self*

Seriously the watch - anyone, anyone?

SoNotStraight said...

I definitely feel the same way. I've been having the same debate with myself every time I read or see a preview for the show.

Shelley is gorgeous. GORGEOUS. However, while I think dinosaurs are cool, watching a TV show about people going back in time to that era sounds boring as hell. Then again she is sooo hot and I loved her and her hot accent in both Nina's Heavenly Delights and Mistresses. So I find myself wanting to watch it just to see her.

http://SoNotStraight.tumblr.com

Karen said...

I totally thought that was Padma before I read the article. The angle picture does kind of look like Padma. But the second picture of Shelley does not. Plus I've read your blog enough to know that you really know Padma. And Tina Fey. I would never doubt you on either of those. ; 0 )

Lyn said...

Shelley Conn. Good Crush! Just re-watched her on Mistresses today!