Thursday, September 29, 2011

Gender Fuck Thursday: Break the Tie Edition

Tied! Untied! Tied! Untied! Tied! Untied! OK, you get where I’m going here, right? I’ve discussed my love of a nice tie – bow or neck – in the past. But the question always remains – tied or untied? Which is sexier? Often it’s situational. Start of the date: tied. End of the date: untied. Really, the great thing about a tie is its ability to be either or, whenever you want it. Fine, too much kumbatie for you? Then go ahead and decide for yourself. Tied? Untied? Delightfully loose like Noni? Some choices are just…fun.

Janelle MonaeTied, definitely tied.

Jane LynchWait, untied, definitely untied.

Noomi RapaceDammit. No, I mean it, tied.

Kate WinsletNo! I was so wrong. Untied!

Regina SpektorFine. I give up.

Monica BellucciI said I give up.

Hope SoloNow you’re just hurting me.

Naomi WattsOfficially dead.

Right, so what did you decide? Tied or untied? I know, both.

18 comments:

Norma Desmond said...

Based on this, untied... Yum.

vrgriffith said...

Gorgeous pictures!! I say BOTH!

Anonymous said...

Roarrr. If I'd be allowed a suggestion, Dianna Agron pulls the tie of quite well... http://i51.tinypic.com/10x6jdh.jpg

Anonymous said...

Tied. And I don't mean by the collar.

Kristan said...

I like Anonymous's contribution of Dianna Agron. Her whole outfit is awesome/adorable.

Btw, is that Hope Solo working at an Olive Garden? Lol because that's what it looks like.

Collins said...

i say both. start with it tied and let me do the untying. everybody wins!

Anonymous said...

You know us so well. BOTH.

Emily said...

I would say untied for the win, but that picture of Hope is holding me back. Well, that and this one of Marina Diamandis (of Marina & the Diamonds):

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_X_CrCNw5bMU/TQWyXmZWrUI/AAAAAAAAAWM/BzXk8poY5nM/s1600/zoo4.jpg

YUM. <3

Emily said...

Don't know why that didn't work...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_X_CrCNw5bMU/TQWyXmZWrUI/AAAAAAAAAWM/BzXk8poY5nM/s1600/zoo4.jpg

If this doesn't, Google image Marina and the Diamonds + zoo magazine. It's worth a look. :)

Emily said...

Maybe this link?

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/63858_431840851754_7839826754_5649776_4955854_n.jpg

Haha if not, I give up. Regardless, it's my favorite picture of a woman in a tie.

Alice said...

haha omfg wait what was the question? :p i was too bust drooling and swooning over the hotness!

dc said...

Why isn't there one of Abby Wambach in a suit?

Someone , find me one! She'd be shit hot in one.

Rachel R. said...

i was already freaking out ... tied! untied! tied! mos definitely tied! wait no i mean untied!

and then you hit me with hope solo.

Get Set.Go said...

oh goodness. Ms. Snarker you have yet to fail me.

untied tied-----s'alllllll gooddd to me, just keeeepppp emm coming

Brianna said...

Both. Both are Yum!

Anonymous said...

Love 'em both, but gun to my head? Tied. Definitely tied (I like to do the untying myself. ;))

Unknown said...

Based on this - definitely untied. Naomi Watts and Kate Winslet can't be argues with. Fact.

Sarah said...

Thanks for taking the time to put this together! Stunning images! These women are above and beyond!