Monday, April 18, 2011

Weekend juggling act

Whew, kittens, I had kind of an exhausting weekend. Not exhausting like I was productive or industrious. But exhausting like I stayed up until 6 a.m. reading Tina Fey’s “Bossypants” from cover to cover Friday night. (It was very funny and insightful and only continued to prove I picked the best possible Fake TV Wife.) Then I did my taxes Saturday night. (OK, that was kind of productive, but only in a sweaty palmed procrastinator’s panic kind of way.) Then I watched the first six episodes of the first season of “True Blood” On Demand because doing my taxes got me all wired. (I’m glad I started the show watching the second season last year, because if I started with the first I’m not sure I would have stuck around for the second.) Then that next day I sat out in the backyard doing a whole lot of nothing and broke out the grill for the first time this season. (That first barbecued burger of the year is inexplicably delicious, apologies to my vegetarian and vegan friends.) And then Sunday night I watched “The Killing” (still excellent), “Firefly” (still fun) and the premiere of “Game of Thrones” (impressive, but I’m not entirely engaged yet. Also, holy crap, it’s like the poster child for fucked up brother-sister relationships.) And then, because I hadn’t been quite sedentary enough, I watched the last six episodes of the first season of “True Blood. (Sookie is annoying – there, I said it.) So this morning, please believe me when I say this clip of Ellen Page juggling two oranges and a grapefruit is all I could muster. Those she’s so adorable, I kind of don’t even feel that exhausted anymore.

8 comments:

Kristan said...

Omigod! I already love her (Juno, Inception, Whip It, etc.) and want to cast her in all my movies (meaning, the future movies that will be made of my future published books) so this is like the sprinkles on top of the whip cream (which I don't even like) on top of the cherries on top of the hard chocolate shell on top of the ice cream on top of the pie on top of the cake on top of the caramel sauce!

(Or, you know, I could just be her. That would be cool too.)

Thank you for sharing! She's actually really good at it, lol.

Beebee said...

that girl can JUGGLE!

buddyroe said...

Sookie IS annoying. The only thing I liked about Scream 4 was Anna Pacquin's scene with Kristen Bell. Hush up and watch the movie, Sook!

Melanie Wagner said...

SOOKIE IS AWFUL. Sophie-Anne is where it's at. Plus she's into girls...

Anonymous said...

That clip makes me want to learn how to juggle.

Anonymous said...

that was the cuteness! and with the little bow at the end. <3

Anonymous said...

No, but seriously... How do I get Ellen Page to marry me? Please help. I'll so anything. lol

Ashley {A Cat in Gloves} said...

My friend just told me to get Bossypants on audio (I do a lot of driving...not in a truck-driver kind of way). Is it really good??