Monday, April 25, 2011

Practice makes perfect

Right, so last night while watching “Game of Thrones” (getting a little better with the female characters, a little), one scene in particular peaked my interest. It is when Daenerys ask her handmaiden to school her in the ways of pleasing a man. Normally, the last three words of that request would mean I couldn’t give a flip. But, oh, how different things are in execution. So Dany (for short, because Daenerys is too damn had to spell) and her handmaiden Doreah have a very instructional session together. I am not ashamed, I rewound it more than once. What can I say? Beautiful women straddling each other will never not work for me. Oh, please, like you can resist. (A tad NSFW, though mostly just educational.)

But then, while watching, I thought, “Gosh, that handmaiden looks kind of familiar.” And thanks to you all (Hat tip, Tiffany!), I had my eureka moment. Well, more like a lesbureka moment. Lovely handmaiden Doreah is none other than cheeky daytime TV host Lou from “Lip Service.” Yes, that’s the delightful Roxanne McKee in both roles. No wonder she was so good with the ladies. What? Can’t remember Lou? Well, let me help jog your memory a bit with a little visual aid. I’ll bet Tess hasn’t forgotten her. (NSFW, oh, like that’s going to stop you.)

Of course, watching that little interlude from “Lip Service” just reminds me how much I miss “Lip Service.” In fact, it even makes me miss “The L Word.” Because as much as I love the lesbian/bisexual storylines on “Glee” and “Grey’s Anatomy” and “Pretty Little Liars,” they’re just one storyline out of many others. What was so great about “Lip Service” and (when it wasn’t annoying the shit out of you with incomprehensible plot points and pointless murder mysteries) “The L Word” was that they were all about the gay ladies. And without them we wait, impatiently patient, to see ourselves pop up again. Or even make due with a little practice session. It does make perfect, after all.


EDIT: Seriously, someone reported the nudity in the Tess & Lou video? Well, let’s see if DailyMotion is less prudey.

11 comments:

sonja said...

Yeah, I don't know. That scene didn't really do anything for me. Maybe if I had watched it with the sound off so that I couldn't hear them talking about how to please a man THE ENTIRE TIME it would have been okay. Or if there had been some sweet lady kisses. Speaking of which, I am so ready for Santana to get her "new love interest." Is it May yet?

Anonymous said...

ds,..

i'm eating my lunch cereal during

reading your blog,

there is butt showing on the movie.

and the person lick it.

thanks anyway for the posting,

i got that, you're exciting about blogging.

happy day!!

Carmen SanDiego said...

i miss Lip Service. Still mad at Cat.
I know that they didn't give us a date yet but theoretically it's coming back in October, right?

Anonymous said...

fan of the LWord especially for stunning Jennifer Beals (love beautiful and smart women) but lip S was boring
one epi and stop..mistress was better by far talking about UK series,imo...

alex dumas said...

Game of Thrones. That is a genius sub-plot. Since I will not be watching it (too gory, I'm afraid), you may post any and all such scenes here on your blog for my viewing pleasure. Thank you.

Sasha said...

Winning !!

ignacia. said...

Absolute best that-wasn't-in-the-book scene in the entire episode! This one inconsistency does not bother me a bit.

Fong said...

I can tell that you are having fun with cutting clips.
Thanks, now I want to start watching Game of Thrones.

NorthWorst said...

"Seriously, someone reported the nudity in the Tess & Lou video?"
It's funny. I'll bet they watched THE WHOLE VIDEO first, before reporting it. It must be the same alert viewers who complain to writers about "pandering" to the gay/lesbian community...

Alyx said...

Ohhh, that clip was yummy. There was all kinds of subtext going on. Okay, they were teasing us, a la early Xena, but I won't complain. I do love the eroticism of subtlety. :)

(Of course, nothing wrong with a little straightforward Lip Service sexiness either! *LOL*)

Noelle said...

Thanks so much for this article, pretty useful material.