Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Up Chuck

Every so often (i.e. all the time), I get the sneaking suspicion that I am an idiot. Last night was one of those times. Forgive me, television, for I have sinned. I haven't been watching “Chuck.” I know, I know. What is wrong with me? Trust me, I've been warned. StuntDouble and The Linster keep screaming three not-so-little words at me: Agent! Sarah! Walker!

But I was dumb and stubborn and dumb some more. I guess a cranky part of me was tired of the dorky-guy-gets-hot-girl trend of late (for reference, please see any movie starring Seth Rogen or Jack Black). I have nothing against dorks, I just wish that the girl dork would sometimes get the girl (or guy, not that there's anything wrong with that) every once in a while. So this obstinate streak kept me from watching. And then, well, then this finally convinced me to give it a shot.

Chuck_Tricia Helfer

Look, I know it's wrong of me to let anyone other than Yvonne StraHOTski turn me into a true believer. But, you know, I'm kind of a sucker for a woman in a uniform.


[HQ button, seriously, click the HQ button]

But it wasn't the presence of Tricia Helfer that actually convinced me, it just got me in the door. What converted me was the show itself. It's fun; like spy thriller with a sense of humor and a really, really hot heroine who gets to kick ass and take names fun. The writing is enjoyable. The characters are endearing. The concept is engaging. Have I mentioned that Yvonne Strahovski is hot?

I guess, the one upside to my total idiocy on this whole “Chuck” thing is that now I get to catch up on almost two seasons worth of uninterrupted Agent Sarah Walker goodness. Admit it, if you've been watching all along you're almost jealous that I get to watch hour after hour of this.

Chuck_Yvonne Strahovski

Repentance like this makes me want to sin more.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

My brother had raved about this so when the box set arrived I sat down and watched it. I spent so much time lying on the sofa that I hurt my back and had to take 10 days of work. Totally worth it though

00 said...

I now feel indebted to you for the rest of my life b/c of that last picture. If you ever need a kidney, I'm your woman :)

Dr.Seuss.is.a.genius said...

Huh.
I think those pictures made my brain explode.
Not many people can do that.
Nice work :)

hepalien said...

yes, yvonne is a HOTTIE, but dont EVER compare Zack to those idiots Seth Rogen and Jack Black!! Seriously, Chuck is so sweet and so funny, yeah the girls are gorgeous, (dont forget Sarah Lancaster or Julia Ling!!) but without Chuck the way he is the show would be unwatchable. I've just had a brain flash of what it would be like if Seth Rogen was in it, and oh god, it hurts, it hurts!!!

TheWeyrd1 said...

OMG...I can't believe you weren't watching Chuck... Seriously, it's in that same vein as Buffy (hot chick comes to the rescue and kicks butt...all with a side car of humor...but without the vampires, etc.). Seriously, all Agent Walker needs is a best girlfriend who goes gay...heh.

gold-digger said...

I love Chuck...and I love Agent Sarah Walker even more! ;)

liz said...

Welcome to the show - and what an inaugural episode for you to watch!!

I'd been waiting to see if you might include a picture of her in her orange tank top on one of your special Tuesdays.

Actually, it's been a few weeks since you've done a Tank Top Tuesday - not that i'm nagging or anything.

Mia said...

That last pic looks SO much like Erika Christensen

Barbara said...

hahaha! glad you're finally on board. I only got sucked in earlier this season, and yes! watching a lot of yvonne all at once it a very, very nice thing.
. . . and tricia helfer's not too bad to look at either.

Maria said...

Oh dear lord!! Chuck is an AWESOME show! I watched the first season and half of the second in 4 days! Oh, the hotness! It's in my top-3 of Favorite TV Shows now. =)

I'm glad you finally gave it an opportunity. Sarah is drop dead gorgeous and she's great, but the show is a lot of fun and well worth watching!

Colleen said...

I'm so over the beta-male thing that I lasted for only one episode of Chuck. I have to say, I'm sorry to see Tricia Helfer in a stripper-esque (because I'm sure there was more to it) role. The woman has some fierce acting chops. I hope she doesn't get pigeon holed forever in bland sex pot roles.

packrat said...

Welcome to the Chuck fan club, Ms. Snarker! Lots of cotton candy goodness to go around. You may also enjoy Jordana Brewster's appearance as Chuck's ex, if you ever catch up on eps.

Norma Desmond said...

I'm just glad you're finally on board. I enjoy the show, but Yvonne TOTALLY makes it for me. So.Much.Hotness! Definitely one of my TV girlfriends!

Julia said...

I could have told you a long time ago that this show totally rocks.By the way Chuck's Sister Ellie is really cute too!

dragdoll said...

I ordered season 1 (for 19 euros + postage) just because of this blog post. And those photos. And despite of that dorky looking man. It'd better be worth it! :)

pyewacket said...

Yvonne is all that. She has not done many talks shows...so to hear her accent (she is Aussie) and to add to it...how funny, smart and cute she is...*sigh*

Anonymous said...

THANK you! I've been watching this show from the beginning - mostly for the strahovski (who by the way has an australian accent in real life. YUMMMAY!) but also for chuck himself who is endearing in his not-too-nerdiness. Not to mention his hot as hell 'bro in law' Dr. Awesome and 'sister' Ellie. Basically the cast has some certified hotties.

Hopefully more people will watch so it lasts another season!!!

Oriana said...

Wooooooooooooah!!!
Thank you so much Ms. Snarker!!
<3 <3 <3
Like 'Chuck', absolutely love Yvonne!! Shes more than yummy! :D

Oriana